Buying Overton Community Centre - part 1
Overton Community Association (OCA) began the process of buying Overton Community Centre in 2016. OCA has been responsible for running Overton Community Centre for nearly 40 years as tenants. Professional estimates for conveyancing came in at about £2,500 which is 10% of OCA’s turnover so OCA trustees plan to do the conveyance themselves.
The process of buying a community centre is, in many ways, more straight forward than a normal property purchase.
- OCA already knows the building well.
- The seller is a trusted public body.
- There is no lender involved.
- Purchase price is substantially lower than a domestic sale.
- The building has been on the sit