The 1700s and 1800s
Girls were educated in what is now the library and boys in what we call the Club Room. The signage for boys and girls entrances can still be seen. The headmaster lived in an attached house at the south end of the building and now forms the Palmer room, disabled toilet and storage. In 1898 a third classroom was added and that is now used by Overton Playgroup. By the second world war the age of the building was becoming a problem and the primary school moved to Lordsfield in 1956, close to the current primary school. The infants then moved into the village center site. In 1978 the infants moved to the site in Lordsfield and George Lamb's school closed.